Vinny’s Variety Pack: Way too early fantasy sleepers

The Draft hasn’t even happened yet, but the only thing I can think about is fantasy football. As far as I’m concerned, it’s never too early to start preparing for your fantasy draft. One of the best ways to slay your draft is to make sure you snag effective sleeper picks. For those of you who don’t know, a sleeper pick is someone who ends up being a top-10 or top-5 talent but who isn’t drafted until the later rounds — think Michael Thomas, Spencer Ware or Dak Prescott. It’s almost impossible to predict, but I’m going to give it my best shot.

Tyrod Taylor, QB, Buffalo Bills

Holding onto Tyrod was the best thing the Bills could have done after last year’s disappointing campaign. Well, that and firing Rex Ryan. With Sean McDermott as the new coach, the Bills are looking to completely revamp their play on both sides of the ball. If Buffalo drafts a good wideout and maintains its stellar running game, Tyrod will excel. Add that to a healthy Sammy Watkins and I see Taylor being a top-10 quarterback.

Kenneth Dixon, RB, Baltimore Ravens

This one is a total toss-up. Dixon was truly coming to form toward the end of the season and showed flashes of brilliance as a runner and a pass catcher. The only thing holding him back is newly-signed running back Danny Woodhead. Woodhead is my least favorite fantasy player. In PPR leagues two years ago, he was a top-five running back even though he had less than seven carries per game. What kind of BS is that? The guy is a touchdown vulture and a PPR point stealer. Hopefully John Harbaugh will find a way to balance both players and keep their values up.

Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Rodgers' claim to fame was putting up 255 yards on 56 carries in two games last season. He showed the ability to be an every-down workhorse, but what he needs is a good second back to allow him to get some rest — this will allow him to become much more effective as a whole. If the Bucs draft a back in the middle rounds, expect Rodgers to have a good season.

Kamar Aiken, WR, Indianapolis Colts

Aiken is a big-bodied receiver who showed the ability to take over a game during his tenure in Baltimore. Aiken is the large receiver Andrew Luck has been looking for, and he will pair perfectly with T.Y. Hilton. Consider this a promo for drafting Luck too, because his comeback season is upon us.

Jared Cook, TE, Oakland Raiders

Jared Cook wasn’t the weapon that Cheeseheads were hoping for up in Green Bay, but he is still a talented player. The Raiders offense was terrifying last season before Carr went down, and the only thing they were really missing was an athletic tight end to stretch the field. Jack Del Rio will find ways to utilize Cook’s impressive skill-set.

Other sleepers to keep in mind: Braxton Miller, Rex Burkhead, Paul Perkins, Jamison Crowder, Julius Thomas.

That’s it for now. I enjoyed writing this, so I’ll probably be doing more fantasy stuff from now on. Bye, Mom!