They are the Lions after all

Once again, an important cog in a high-powered NFL offense succumbed to injury. This week, Julian Edelman suffered a Jones Fracture in his foot and is expected to miss the remainder of the regular season. Having already lost Dion Lewis to a torn ACL, the Patriots' deadly passing attack is suddenly not quite so dangerous. Danny Amendola is the obvious fill-in, but Brandon LaFell should also benefit from increased targets. Aaron Dobson is a sneaky pickup, as he is the third option in the Patriots' prolific air attack. Rob Gronkowski is Rob Gronkowski.

It's hard to diagnose Green Bay's ills. Their pass protection was hardly perfect and the receivers failed to consistently separate, but it feels like more than that. The Packers have the feel of a team spiraling in a lost season despite a respectable 6-3 record. Even Aaron Rodgers, the NFL's leading proponent of "relax," seems shaken. The Packers have a tough matchup with the Vikings next week, but Minnesota is a division rival and haven't intercepted Rodgers since 2012. DaVante Adams saw 21 targets this week and is a near lock to see at least 10 against the Purple People Eaters.

In dynasty leagues, Jeremy Langford is the number-one add this week. He sped past the Rams and posted almost 200 yards from scrimmage and two touchdowns. If Forte returns in week 11, Langford will be reduced to a change-of-pace role, but if not, he is a solid RB2 even against Denver.

Matt Jones and Alfred Morris are hard to trust on a week-to-week basis, but this week they both came through. Morris dominated carries early but suffered a rib injury and ceded time to Jones. Neither back is a recommended play against the Panthers next week. Following that matchup, Jones is the better bet to hold RB3 value for the remainder of the season, whereas Morris is more of a stash.

For the truly desperate, Dwayne Harris has overtaken perennial disappointment Reuben Randle as the Giants' second wideout. Chris Givens plays second fiddle to Kamar Aiken in Baltimore's receiving corps, but somehow the Ravens' depleted pass-catching unit continues to be productive.

With Tyler Eifert set to play on Monday, the relevant names at tight end this week include Gronk, Jordan Reed, Gary Barnidge, Crockett Gillmore, Richard Rodgers and Greg Olsen. Of the six, Gronk, Reed, Olsen and Barnidge are obvious TE1s, while Gillmore and Rodgers are benefiting from game-flow and injuries.

Kirk Cousins played out of his mind against the hapless Saints. That said, his TD:INT ratio is still just 14:9, and he can't play the Buccaneers and Saints every week. He has yet to throw multiple touchdowns against another team and faces the Panthers' tough secondary in week 11. After that matchup, his schedule lightens significantly and Cousins becomes a legitimate QB2.

Derek Carr draws the Lions this week, and it is never a bad idea to stream a starting-caliber quarterback against the Lions -- they are the Lions, after all. Beating Green Bay was the high of their season, so, as per the laws of Detroit football, the low must now follow.