Steph Curry: GOAT?

Steph Curry of the Golden State Warriors is off to one of the hottest starts any player has had in NBA history. He is clearly the No. 1 player in the world right now, (sorry Mr. James) and is leading the Warriors to an undefeated season thus far. His shooting numbers are off the charts, and his per game numbers are astounding. The most incredible part of his production so far, however, is that he is doing it all while playing only 32 minutes per game. Imagine what his numbers could be if the Warriors weren’t blowing out their opponents by an average of about 20 points a game.

No offense to some of the greats, but Curry is the best shooter of all time. His range and ability to shoot off the dribble have never been seen before and could very well never be seen again. He has a rare ability that gives NBA teams nightmares and forces them to change their entire defensive scheme. When he entered the league, he was known as an incredible three-point shooter, but he has developed into so much more. He now has the ability to take players off the dribble and score in a variety of ways in the lane as well. To be frank, there is little Steph Curry cannot do.

To put Curry’s incredible 2015-2016 season so far into perspective, he is currently shooting 47 percent from three-point land while hitting 38 threes through seven games. That means Curry has hit more three pointers than six NBA teams. Last season Curry hit only 21 threes through seven games and still finished with an NBA best 286 three pointers on the season. If Steph continues this hot shooting for the entire season, he will hit an unfathomable 445 three pointers. Even if his hot shooting slows down and he does not get anywhere near that number, I expect him to make at least 300 threes on the season and break the all-time single season three-point record again. The previous record holder? Himself.

Most people expected Curry -- having come off an NBA championship and MVP season -- to come into this season unfocused and a little off his game. That couldn’t be further from the truth. Somehow just several months after having won an MVP title and NBA championship, tallied the highest jersey sales and highest number of All-star votes and landed multiple endorsement deals, Curry has remained as focused as ever. He continues to strive to take his game to new heights and who knows how good he could be. He is reinventing the way basketball is played in the NBA and paving the way for undersized guards to take over the league. Who knows what is next for Steph Curry? Curry for POTUS?