Jurgen Klopp: The normal one?

It’s the first time in a very long time that I’ve seen the Kop so excited by the arrival of a new manager. He even has his own hashtag -- #KloppforKop. And that's because Jurgen Klopp isn’t as normal as he claims to be.

What Liverpool will get is a man obsessed with the idea of a pressing attacking game, a formula that worked very well when Borussia Dortmund toppled Bayern Munchen. Liverpool has one of the hardest-working midfields in James Milner, Jordan Henderson and Emre Can. A higher pressing game will hopefully protect that not-so-strong defense.

More importantly, they will get a manager that will change tactics if necessary. Ultimately, the stubbornness that Brendan Rodgers displayed was what cost him his job.

Klopp's attendance at the Under-21 games shows his desire to use the youth squad to strengthen Liverpool, and his ability to spot talent. It’s not new though -- does anyone remember Marco Reus and Robert Lewandowski before Dortmund? Youngsters like Jordon Ibe and Joe Gomez may get more of a look-in, and the famed Liverpool academy of old will grow to be of significant importance once again.

Klopp’s ability to connect with his players personally will get the best out of them. He will foster an ethos that is dedicated to playing football for passion. Much like what he did when he showed Dortmund players photographs of Barcelona players celebrating goals, he will want that same energy and passion in his team.

Make no mistake: Liverpool have some very good attackers in their squad -- Daniel Sturridge and Philippe Coutinho among others. When Klopp finds the right way to use these players and a system to utilize their strengths, Liverpool will get better. He will find a way to best utilize the ballplayers like Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino, as well as players out on loan like Lazar Markovic.

Klopp will find a way to improve Liverpool’s leaky defense. After all, he did make Real Madrid look very ordinary by stifling Xabi Alonso and neutralizing the threat of Cristiano Ronaldo, perhaps inspiring Mourinho to use the same tactics against Bayern the following year.

As a “fifth-division footballer with a first-division brain,” Klopp’s tactical abilities are some of the best in the world, recognized by equally great managers like Sir Alex Ferguson, Jose Mourinho and Pep Guardiola. But over all of that, Liverpool will get a passionate football man that gives intriguing press conferences -- a welcome change from the “great character” quotes and without the behavior associated with Mourinho. His rejection by Hamburg and Bayern Munich due to his “sloppy,” baseball cap-wearing appearance was Dortmund’s gain. And this too will be Liverpool’s. That picture of him putting his hands around the decision makers at Liverpool -- Ian Ayre and Tom Werner -- shows he's ready to build a club with a unique identity. He will bring this same passion to the Anfield touchline, a welcome change from Rodgers' solitary hand-in-the-air celebration.

Anfield, much like the Westfalenstadion at Dortmund, will become a very difficult place to play at again. Because Jurgen Klopp is not the Normal One. He is a Very Good One, a Unique One. And as a Manchester United fan, I am very, very worried.

Welcome to the Premier League, Jurgen Klopp.