NFL week three edition

This week in the NFL is exactly what you might expect: a week full of hilarious mistakes, missed throws and just down right misses. At this point, the season is in full swing and as blunder-filled as ever. Here’s what went poorly in week three:

The Falcons: Falcons fans (if you exist), I know exactly what you’re going to say: "You won." Congratulations are in order; you beat a Cowboys team with Brandon Weeden at quarterback and no Dez Bryant threatening your secondary. Joseph Randle, the only guy anyone cares about on that offense, ran for three touchdowns Sunday. I don’t claim to be a defensive visionary, but when a team has no quarterback and no wide receivers, I think it’s safe to bet the running back is the only guy to be afraid of.

The Edward Jones Dome: I get the feeling this is going to become a constant; every week I sit down to write this column and find myself inevitably making fun of my favorite team above all others. Rams, we get it, you’re a joke. Do you think you could save the fans the slightest bit of dignity and, I don’t know, not set the field on fire! The Rams came out of the tunnel to a blazingly mediocre fireworks display that delayed the game because -- and I could not make this up if I tried -- it set the turf aflame.

The NFC West: A year ago this division was cited as potentially the greatest in football. The aforementioned terrible Rams sat at the bottom and even inspired fear in some lesser division’s teams. This year, however, three teams sit at 1-2, two of which were playoff contenders last year. The defending NFC champion Seahawks are 1-2. At one point, I probably would’ve cheered about it, but by now, the division is so bad it’s actually sort of nice to see the Cardinals get some recognition for some stellar play this season.

You: Yes you, dear reader. You know who you are; you’re the guy who had the first pick in his fantasy draft, and for some reason, you continue to justify to yourself why you passed on Adrian Peterson. You had your chance to take him, and you didn’t because “he’s coming off an injury,” or “he’s a running back over 30,” and yet the future hall of famer is proving what we all secretly knew: he cannot be stopped. Sit there and realize that while you picked Eddie Lacy because he was the “safe” running back, you could’ve had an absolute beast of a man touting the football for your fantasy team every week and you chose someone else instead.

That wraps up this week in Roger Goodell's National Football League. Next week, I look forward to criticizing the Saints and their continuing decision to pay Drew Brees, who is certainly past his prime, and the big bucks for average quarterback play. I look forward to yet another ridiculous week of football.