Women's Squash | Women's squash outlasts Boston College

Going into Wednesday night's match against Boston College, the women's squash team knew it was headed for a tough test. Despite three straight losses against in conference opponents Conn. College, Bowdoin, and Colby this month, the Jumbos were confident going into their Senior Night matchup.

And even after suffering some roster turnover since their last match against Boston College, the Jumbos went into Wednesday's match ready for a close matchup, and they eventually prevailed over the Eagles 5?4 in a tight crosstown victory.

"The match against BC was amazing," senior co?captain Jessica Rubine said. "We lost to them 4?5 in the fall semester, and we were all pumped to be able to get another chance at them. It was our senior night game, and every one of the seniors clinched our matches - that was an amazing feeling."

Rubine, in the No. 1 position for the Jumbos, was able to take down her counterpart 11?9, 11?7, 11?7, while fellow senior Risa Meyers managed to outlast Madeline Bette 11?9,11?4,11?13,12?10.

The other wins of the day were recorded by sophomore Paige Dahlman and seniors UshashiBasu and HafsaChaudhry, which secured them their third win of the season.

The Jumbos will next compete at the NESCAC tournament at Trinity College where they will most likely compete against familiar foes as they try to break seed at the conference championship.

"We play Bowdoin again on Friday, and may have a chance of playing Colby and Conn. Colleg e on Saturday," Rubine said. "We had a competitive match against Conn. College so I am glad we may be getting another shot at them. I am excited to have the momentum from last night's match going into these important matches coming up."

--