Men's Lacrosse | Former Jumbos lacrosse player Holm named Assistant Coach of the Year

The Intercollegiate Men's Lacrosse Coaches Associatoin (IMLCA) on Friday named men's lacrosse team assistant coach Brett Holm (LA '07) the 2010 Assistant Coach of the Year.

He received the award alongside head coach Mike Daly (LA '95), who was honored as the Div. III Coach of the Year, at a special convention in Baltimore.

Holm was a rare dual−sport athlete at Tufts during his athletic career, playing for both the football and men's lacrosse teams and earning all−conference accolades for both.

A current graduate assistant at Tufts, Holm used his talents as a player, as well as his aptitude for coaching, to direct the team's exceptional defensive unit that last year stalled many of the nation's top offenses en route to a NESCAC Championship and the first−ever NCAA team title in Tufts history.

Gearing up for only his fourth season as an assistant coach, Holm has already earned the respect of his players, colleagues and the rest of the lacrosse world as one of the emerging talents in the coaching vocation.

Holm first jumped on the lacrosse world's grid with an impressive performance in Drew Innis's (LA '04) lacrosse team promo video made in 2007, which features Holm crushing bench press reps of 225 pounds with ease.

--