Athletes of the week

Noah Hatfield-Biondo, Football
In the last Homecoming game of his Tufts career, senior Noah Hatfield-Biondo delivered his best performance in a Jumbo uniform.

Hatfield-Biondo scored two of the three Tufts touchdowns to help pace his team to a 25-22 overtime win over Bowdoin on Saturday. Though he only finished with two catches for 11 yards and one seven-yard rush, Hatfield-Biondo came out of nowhere to make key plays for his team.

The senior earned the first two touchdowns of his career as well as his first touches on offense in a Tufts uniform. His five-yard touchdown grab came on a third and goal play at the end of the first quarter, while his seven-yard run on a trick play gave Tufts a 13-6 lead heading into the half.

In all, Tufts' ground game was dominant, running all over the Polar Bears defense for 266 rushing yards. Hatfield-Biondo and the Jumbos improved to 2-1 with the win, placing them in a tie with Williams for third place in the NESCAC.

Tamara Brown, Field Hockey
On Saturday's Homecoming field hockey game against the Colby Mules, junior midfielder Tamara Brown did more than just help win the match — she made Tufts field hockey history.

In the 7-0 blanking, Brown recorded her fourth hat trick of her Tufts career. Brown's seven-point game — including three goals and one assist — put her on top of the all-time leading scorer's list, outpacing the former record holder, Aryn Landau (LA '90) by one point. 

Coming out of the gate flying, Brown scored Tufts' first goal unassisted 32 seconds into play and split her next two goals between the first and second halves.

The shutout victory, Tufts' second this week, marks the nationally ranked No. 3 Jumbos' ninth win of the season thus far. The Annandale, Va. native had led the Jumbos offensive charge all season, accounting for nearly a quarter of Tufts' shots and leading the NESCAC in goals (10), shots (61), points (26) and assists (six).