Three Jumbo soccer players capture all-conference honors

Junior Fanna Gamal and sophomore Sarah Nolet earned positions on the NESCAC All-Conference First Team for their efforts this season on the women's soccer team, while men's soccer senior tri-captain Peter DeGregorio was named to the NESCAC All-Conference Second Team.

Both Nolet and Gamal stepped up in the aftermath of junior Cara Cadigan's season-ending injury midway through the year, guiding the team with their steady play. Gamal was a force in the midfield, racking up two goals and three assists while anchoring the team's core unit. Nolet was no less indispensible, finishing tied for second on the team with nine points. She also sacrificed her scoring statistics for the good of the team by making the transition from midfielder to defender for the season's final five contests.

DeGregorio capped a solid career for Tufts, adding some sheen to the men's soccer team's otherwise disappointing season. DeGregorio was an effective and versatile playmaker throughout the year, placing second on the team in both points and assists -- seven and three, respectively -- despite missing multiple games due to an injury. He also moved from defender to midfield, his more natural calling, in the middle of the season, immediately producing for Tufts.

--