New York Style Delhi: Senti Solomon and Sivaraman

Rebecca: This is our last New York Style Dehli. Pooja and I have been giving advice to the Tufts community for two years now and by that we mean our housemates who take advantage of our anonymous Google doc. Yes, Neva, this was about you. It has become scarily apparent that this could be the last year Pooja and I live in the same city. Pooja has a lot of crucial functions in my life. She is my personal dictionary and thesaurus (this is the most exciting thing she has done with her English major). Honestly, I don't know what I'll do without her. Graduation is looming over us like a gray cloud and our only reprieve are your questions so let's get started.

Dear NYSD,

How do I get rid of a cold?

Rebecca:  You often have to ride it out. Part of riding out colds for me is telling the person who gave it to me “I hate you” at least six times a day. However, reader, if you're more well adjusted, stick to tea, lots of rest and NyQuil.

Dear NYSD,

What do you want to be when you grow up?

Rebecca: No one wants to think about aging. I don’t think that I will ever grow up.  I still listen to the Spice Girls and my palette has not expanded beyond sugary cereals. Moreover, my penchant for Olay will keep me youthful and blissful forever.

Pooja: At five, I answered actress, at seven, ‘scientist’, at 13 author, at 17, a professional reader of things and at 21 a homeless poet.  

Dear NYSD,

Is this going to be a rough winter?

Pooja: My answer to this is - don’t let the current snow storm fool you. From my past experience with New England winters, I have learnt that the only credible sources for the weather report are from taxi drivers (no, not Uber drivers), and this year I was told by a very friendly employee of Medford cabs that this would be one of our worst winters yet. On the bright side, he also predicted that Bernie would be president and we would find a solution to global warming!

Pooja: Rebecca’s intro just made me tear up, but in all honesty I don’t know what I will do when the NY has no more D. From spilling acid on herself freshman year to her calls asking “Is the 'e' in cafe ever silent,” NYSD is the 1.5 year culmination of a 3.5 year (occasionally hazardous) partnership. So on that note, here’s to another great and final semester!