An open letter to the Tufts University Student body from NCF

On behalf of the Non-denominational Christian Fellowship (NCF), the Vision and Planning Team would like to announce that NCF received TCU recognition as an undergraduate student group at Tufts Medford Campus. NCF is a new student group excited about providing a space for people of different spiritual backgrounds to come together, share perspectives and learn from each other. The student organization is exclusively lead by Tufts undergraduate students for the Tufts community. 

Non-denominational Christian Fellowship is a Christ-centered community of people who support and challenge each other in exploring the life of Jesus Christ and its relevance to the Tufts community and beyond. NCF is open to all students and committed to pursuing faith, having fun, building community and enjoying food together. The group believes that true life is found in Jesus, and its vision is to express this faith, while inviting others to join. This is NCF’s purpose statement. The entire constitution can be found on the NCF website at http://sites.tufts.edu/nondenom/

The hope of NCF is to bless the Tufts community by providing a space in which students, as well as faculty and staff can explore Christianity, develop friendships, receive encouragement and participate in community service at Tufts and in the greater Boston area.

NCF prioritizes building relationships and collaborating with other religious and philosophical student groups, as expressed with the active representation of the group in the Tufts Chaplaincy Interfaith Student Council. NCF is also committed to connecting students with churches of various denominations and practices and other local community resources such as mentorship, missions, theological training and perspective and service opportunities.

NCF would like to extend an invitation to any interested members of the Tufts community to join NCF at their weekly gathering, what the group calls a Large Group meeting, on Thursday evenings at 7:30PM in the Interfaith Center (58 Winthrop Street). In this time the group aims to celebrate the diversity of Christian spiritual expression found at Tufts and welcome students of all perspectives, faith backgrounds and affiliations. A typical Large Group may include discussion, a guest speaker, worship, prayer, collaboration with another student group, or a time of open mic sharing. All of our activities are open to students from all faiths, perspectives and backgrounds.

NCF is excited to be an official part of the Tufts community, and welcomes your participation, input, questions and collaboration. NCF looks forward to contributing to the vibrancy of student religious and philosophical life at Tufts!