Letter from the Editor

Happy Monday, Tufts! 

Today marks the start of everyday production of the Daily as we finally take off the every-other-day training wheels. We're jumping back into the business of bringing you news, features, arts, sports and opinion every Monday through Friday, and here in the Curtis Hall basement we couldn't be more excited. The past few weeks have been important for us, and I think we're ready for the challenge. 

Today also brings another important first: with daily Daily comes columnists. The faces you see this week on the right-hand side of each section will be the ones bringing you your daily dose of humor, insight, opinion and culinary expertise. Here's what they have in store:

In the Features section, Ben Kochman's weekly take on the art of the sandwich is making a comeback with "Between the Slices." On Tuesdays, Falcon Reese gets wordy with "Tongues Tied" and our resident Jumbo Feminist, Alexa Peterson, talks feminism on campus with "The Jeminist." BrionnaJimerson will reflect on her Tufts career and life post-Tufts with "Respect Your Elders."

In Arts, Liz Landers brings back her take on fashion from last semester in "The Clothes Make the Woman," and Rebecca Santiago will pick up on Tuesdays with "Is So Vain." Arts editor Melissa MacEwan will get weird with food in "The Roaming Fork" and Joe Stile will take on romance in film with "Amo." Dani Jenkins will tell you what to do with your Super Bowl leftovers (hint - compost!) with "Greenwise."

Jonathan Green will start off the week's op-ed columns with his take on drug policy in "Drug Justice." He'll be followed by returning columnists Craig Frucht on the dirty world of politics in "Theater of the Ghastly" and Walt Laws-McDonald on the ups-and-downs of the the economy in "Show Me the Money," as well as a new face in Walker Bristol with a column on the value of activism in "Notes from the Underclass."

In Sports, Jordan Bean is back again, calling out the sports world with "Sacked." Veteran editor and columnist Ethan Sturm also returns with his expertise on "The Rules of the Game." Jason Schneiderman, a new face on the Daily, will write about athletes and the decisions they make in "It's Just a Game" and is joined by fellow rookie G.J. Vitale with a weekly take on England's Premier League in "Stoppage Time."

Keep an eye out for all this and more, and, as always, stay in touch by phone at 617-627-3090 and via email at daily@tuftsdaily.com.

Sincerely,

Martha Shanahan

Editor-in-Chief