Letter from the Editor

Hi there, Tufts. On behalf of the Daily's masthead, which this semester stands at 114 strong with room to grow, welcome back to the Hill. Here in Curtis Hall we're all excited to get down to the business of bringing you a semester's worth of stories - big stories, small stories, ones you'll share on Facebook and others you'll skim over on your way to the Sudoku. They'll be about the administrative changes that affect your lives, the students and staff you interact with every day, the teams you root for and the music you listen to. Believe it or not, there are plenty of stories happening all around you on the Hill, and the Daily should know - we've been telling them since 1980.

I promise that this semester the Daily will keep finding new and better ways to bring you the accurate and fair coverage Tufts deserves. The Daily wouldn't exist if not as a way to give our readers a stake in the happenings in this strange little community on the Hill we call home. In this vein, I want to make a deal with you. We'll pledge to tell the stories that matter, to entertain you during your most boring lecture, to give you the information you want and need while maintaining fairness to all sides. In return, we ask only that you pay attention. Read and watch the stories we tell. Share. Tweet. Separate fact from opinion, and when you have the latter, write an op-ed. Tell us what we're missing and what we're doing wrong. Don't shy away from skepticism, and we'll do our best to do the same. Our editors hold themselves accountable for the Daily's content, but we rely on you to hold us accountable as well - we attach our reporters' names to articles for a reason. Claim your stake in the Daily and in Tufts.

I hope we have a deal. You can reach the Daily online on Twitter @TuftsDaily or on our Facebook page, in the comment sections of our blog and website and through op-eds or letters to the editor. I and any of the Daily's editors or reporters can be reached by emailing daily@tuftsdaily.com or by dropping by the Daily's office in the basement of Curtis Hall.

See you out there,

Martha Shanahan 

Editor-in-chief