Letter from the Editor

Dear Readers,

If you take a quick look across the fold to the right, you will notice that our Op-Ed page looks a bit different today. What you see is the first edition of our new Pro-Con series, which will give your peers opportunities to share their views on — and debate — salient topics on the Hill.

Pro-Con makes its debut with Walker Bristol and Jonathan Green offering competing viewpoints on the drinking age, an issue former University President Lawrence Bacow sought to address during his tenure at Tufts. Future topics may range from whether freshmen's fall grades should be made exclusively pass/fail to a dining hall showdown between Carmichael and Dewick-MacPhie. And if there's a particular topic you want to see covered in Pro-Con, do not hesitate to suggest it to us at editor@tuftsdaily.com.

The Pro-Con series will run weekly — perhaps twice weekly, if interest grows — on the Op-Ed page, adding more of a Tufts flavor to a section that has occasionally been heavy on Off-the-Hills. As this is an entirely new venture for the Daily, we welcome any feedback you would like to send our way.

If you are interested in contributing to the Pro-Con series, we would love to add your voice to those of the writers already on our staff. Please contact our executive Op-Ed editor, BhushanDeshpande, by email at oped@tuftsdaily.com for more information.

Before I let Walker and Jonathan take you away with their opinions on the drinking age issue, I also want to encourage you to submit other Op-Eds. The Daily strives to both inform and represent all corners of the Tufts community, and we need to hear your perspectives to achieve that goal.

Thanks for reading, and best of luck as the midterm season approaches.

Sincerely,

Daniel Rathman

Editor-in-Chief