Obama has denounced and rejected - now he should build an impenetrable bubble

At Tuesday's Democratic debate in Cleveland, Ohio, a great deal of time was spent talking about Louis Farrakhan, the anti-Semitic leader of the Nation of Islam who has praised Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.). Although Obama has repeatedly and fervently denounced Minister Farrakhan and his views, Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) insisted that denouncing was not the same as rejecting. Obama, obligingly, denounced and rejected Farrakhan's statements.

Obviously, it is difficult for a presidential candidate to prevent people with whom he disagrees from supporting his candidacy.

We at the Daily believe that Obama will never be able to completely put this issue to rest without encasing himself and his campaign in a Plexiglas bubble that repels terrible people.

We urge Sen. Obama to build such a bubble for the sake of America.

As Clinton has said many times, actions are more important than words. Rather than denouncing or rejecting - or even verbally abusing - Farrakhan, it is imperative that Obama takes aggressive action to wall himself off from such unsavory personalities.

(We also urge him to select a domestically produced, union-made bubble for his bubbling needs.)

Obama has already said that he would refuse any help from Minister Farrakhan. But what is to stop Farrakhan from going around his neighborhood and telling people, as Obama himself suggested he might, that the senator is a "good guy?"

We at the Daily feel that the only way Farrakhan can be prevented from spreading his villainous, filthy views about Obama is if the senator ceases to be a national figure prominent in the news of the day. We therefore recommend that he conduct the remainder of his bubble-ridden campaign from the depths of a soundproof underground bunker.

Though he may find it difficult to reach ordinary Americans from his airtight subterranean fortress, we at the Daily believe that such sacrifices are necessary in order to show his aversion to the comments made by Farrakhan in support of his White House effort.

Clinton will without a doubt continue to hammer him on this issue, and responding will likely be uncomfortable.

But when he is winning the public relations war from his oxygen-deprived, bubble-filled, claustrophobia-inducing cavern in the center of the earth, he will thank us.

You're welcome, Senator Obama.