Police Briefs — Week of March 11

pb
Caution tape is pictured in front of the scene of a car crash that caused power outages throughout lower campus on Sept. 12, 2018.

A real scooter to the ankle

On March 8 at 11:15 p.m., Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) responded to a report of larceny in Lewis Hall. TUPD was notified by a student that their Razor scooter, which has orange wheels, had been taken from a common area. The student left the scooter in the common area half an hour prior to noticing it was missing. TUPD is currently investigating.

Rage against Greek life

On March 9 at 11:28 a.m., TUPD responded to an incident at 123 Packard Ave. A resident had thrown a party the night prior and, as a result, the house sustained damage to the main staircase bannister, an exit sign was broken, vomit was found in the basement, blood was found smeared on several walls, a second floor bathroom faucet overflowed and trash was found on the stairs. Custodial Services cleaned the bodily fluids and Facilities Services fixed the material damage. TUPD is currently investigating.

Glass half broken

Later that evening at 11:38 p.m., TUPD assisted a student who slipped and fell on ice on Bromfield Road. The student cut their right hand on broken glass from their cup and was treated by Tufts Emergency Medical Services.

Run away ZBT (to the tune of Carly Rae Jepsen's "Run Away With Me")

On the same day at 11:45 p.m., TUPD was notified by members of Zeta Beta Tau (ZBT) fraternity that an unwelcome individual attempted to enter the fraternity house at 126 Packard Ave. TUPD was unable to locate the individual, who was last seen running down Packard Avenue towards Powderhouse Boulevard.