Police Briefs — Week of Feb. 25

tupd
05/10/2014 – Medford/Somerville, MA – A TUPD car is pictured outside of the Perry and Marty Granoff Music Center on May 9, 2014. (Nicholas Pfosi / The Tufts Daily Archives)

HIIT and run

On Feb. 18 at 11:33 a.m., Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) received a report from a temporary employee that their vehicle had been damaged in Cousens Parking Lot. The temporary employee noticed the damage to their vehicle after leaving the gym. Upon further investigation, it was determined that the damage occurred prior to the vehicle entering the lot.

Leave your SSN in the comments below

On Feb. 19, TUPD was notified by several students and staff members of a Social Security scam. In one instance, a student provided their personal information to a scammer, but they did not report monetary losses. TUPD reminds the community that the Social Security Administration does not email individuals and request personal information.

Stuck on Tisch

On Feb. 20 at 11:44 a.m., TUPD was informed of stickers on light posts in the area surrounding Tisch Library; the stickers read "Zionism = colonialism." TUPD is currently investigating, and the case will be further handled by the Dean of Student Affairs and the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO).

Early to dock, early to dine

On Feb. 22 at 7:22 a.m., TUPD received a report from a Tufts Dining employee that a delivery truck has arrived at Dewick-MacPhie Dining Center loading dock earlier than expected. The employee had arrived at work early to complete some paperwork when the truck showed up before its scheduled arrival time. TUPD referred the employee to Human Resources and Tufts Dining for further assistance.