Where you read it first | Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Police Briefs – Week of Feb. 18

pb
Caution tape is pictured in front of the scene of a car crash that caused power outages throughout lower campus on Sept. 12, 2018.

Get Well(esley) soon

On Feb. 9 at 12:54 a.m., Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) responded to a medical call from Hill Hall regarding an intoxicated Wellesley College student. Tufts Emergency Medical Services (TEMS) administered care for the student, and they were transported to the hospital for further treatment. TUPD notified the Wellesley College Police Department.

Give it here, Brandeis, or I'll knock you off your broom

Later that day at 11:42 a.m., TUPD responded to a medical call at Alumni Fields concerning a Brandeis University student who injured their neck playing Quidditch. TEMS administered care for the student and they were transported to the hospital for further treatment. TUPD notified Brandeis University Police.

Wash one's dirty laundry

On Feb. 13 at 11:12 p.m., TUPD received a report from a student that several of their clothing items had been stolen from the Hill Hall laundry room. The student went to move their clothes from the washer to the dryer, but found that someone had put their clothes in the dryer already. When the student retrieved their clothes from the dryer, they found several items missing. TUPD is investigating.

Slip into something uncomfortable

On Feb. 14th at 8:39 a.m., TUPD responded to a medical call at Tufts Dining Services (89 Curtis Street), where an employee had slipped on ice and struck the back of their head on the sidewalk. TEMS administered care for the employee, and they were transported to the hospital for further treatment. Facilities Services was notified to de-ice the sidewalk.