Events on the Hill: Week of Feb. 18

TUESDAY

“Distinguished Speaker Series: Donna Brazile”

Details: As their first Distinguished Speaker of the semester, Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life will invite Donna Brazile, political strategist and former chair of the Democratic National Committee, to speak on the state of politics and the looming presidential election.

Where and when: ASEAN Auditorium; 6:30 p.m.

WEDNESDAY

“The Intimate Interview: A Conversation with Shirley Wang”

Details: Tufts alumnus, podcast presenter and audio journalist Shirley Wang will discuss her podcasting career and discuss how to create and communicate audio journalism that is sincere and intimate. Wang’s podcast "My Dad’s Friendship with Charles Barkley" garnered national attention, and her current project contemplates the experience of loss.

Where and when: Crane Room, Paige Hall; 6–7 p.m.

“Queerness and Mental Health Panel”

Details: Active Minds will host a panel of speakers to address the intersection of queer identities and mental health.

Where and when: Curtis Multipurpose Room; 6–7:30 p.m.

THURSDAY

“TUSC Coffeehouse ft Hawthorn”

Details: Tufts University Social Collective will host the talents of Hawthorn accompanied by beverages and desserts.

Where and when: Curtis Hall Multipurpose Room; 7–9 p.m.

FRIDAY

“Divisions/Revisions of Labor — Symposium on Gender and Culture”

Details: The 2019 Women’s Center Symposium will reflect on cultural concepts of what counts as labor and what work is given value. The event includes a keynote speaker Brian Horton, a Ph.D. Candidate at Brown University, and panels on work and gender.

Where and when: Crane Room, Paige Hall; 1–5 p.m.

“Interfaith Death Café with Tufts Humanists”

Details: In celebration of Interfaith Awareness Month, Tufts Humanists will host a space for conversations about death and dying, as well as dinner and cake.

Where and when: Interfaith Center; 5–7 p.m.