Police Briefs — Week of Feb. 11

pb
Caution tape is pictured in front of the scene of a car crash that caused power outages throughout lower campus on Sept. 12, 2018.

Technology under troubled waters

On Feb. 2 at 1:55 p.m.,Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) was dispatched to Tufts Technology Services at 126 Curtis Ave. due to a fire alarm. Upon arrival, TUPD witnessed water coming out of a light fixture on the second floor. Facilities was notified that a radiator pipe had burst on the third floor. Ten computers were damaged as a result of the water.

My leg!

Later that day at 4:13 p.m., TUPD responded to a medical call at the Gantcher Center, where a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) student competing in a track meet broke their femur bone. Tufts Emergency Medical Services (TEMS) stabilized the student's leg with a cast. The student was then transported to the hospital and MIT police were notified.

Drive-by fruiting

On Feb. 5 at 11:31 a.m., TUPD received a report that an individual had stolen several fruits from Kindlevan Café while it was closed. TUPD was able to identify the individual responsible as a student, who was subsequently reported to the dean of Student Affairs.

Super no

Later that day at 12:45 p.m., TUPD was notified by six students of a minor altercation. While the students were returning from the New England Patriots' Super Bowl victory parade, an individual attempted to instigate a fight with them in Davis Square. The individual then followed the students back to campus. The students were able to evade the individual by entering Dewick-MacPhie Dining Center.