Events on the Hill — Week of Feb. 11

TUESDAY

“Re-enchanting the World: Feminism and the Politics of the Commons”

Details: Silvia Federici, a professor emerita at Hofstra University who co-founded the International Feminist Collective, the Committee for Academic Freedom in Africa and the Wages for Housework campaign, will discuss her new book, “Re-Enchanting the World: Feminism and the Politics of the Commons” (2018).

Where and when: ASEAN Auditorium; 5:00–7:00 p.m.

WEDNESDAY

“A Cappella Extravaganza with Pitch Perfect Producer Deke Sharon”

Details: Alumnus Sharon (LA ’91) will lead the Tufts Concert Choir, Tufts Chamber Singers and several student a cappella groups in a concert of a cappella music. Sharon has worked as an arranger, music director and producer for the “Pitch Perfect” movie series. Tickets are required.

Where and when: Granoff Music Center; 8:00–10:00 p.m.

“Lunchtime Talk Series: Algorithms and/as Culture”

Details: Nick Seaver, assistant professor of anthropology and science, technology, and society, will discuss the intersection of algorithms and culture and delve into how algorithms are more than inhuman forces.

Where and when: Tisch Family Gallery in Aidekman Arts Center; 12:15–1:15 p.m.

THURSDAY

“Puffins: The new canary of climate change”

Details: At this week’s Environmental Studies Lunch and Learn, Derrick Z. Jackson, environmental writing fellow at the Union of Concerned Scientists, will discuss the reemergence of puffins in Maine and what this indicates about their environment.

Where and when: Curtis Hall Multipurpose Room; 12:00–1:00 p.m.

FRIDAY

“Between the Lines: Writing True Stories with Grace Talusan”

Details: As part of the Asian American Studies Spring Series, participants will reflect on and write about a document or photograph that holds personal value.

Where and when: Tisch 314, Tisch Library; 2:00–4:00 p.m.