TCU election results

Students were able to vote via the Voatz tablets, pictured here on Sept. 17, in the Mayer Campus Center.

Carolina Olea Lezama, Andrew Kofsky, Rabiya Ismail, Deepen Goradia, Timothy Leong, Iyra Chandra and Melia Harlanwere elected to fill the seven Class of 2022 Tufts Community Union (TCU) Senate openings, according to Elections Commission (ECOM) Chair Ethan Mandelbaum. Griffen Saul was elected to fill the vacant Class of 2021 seat, and Amrutha Chintalapudi was elected to fill the Class of 2019's available seat.

First-year Katherine Wang will be the new Women's Community Representative, and junior Sylvester Bracey will be the new Africana Community Representative, according to Mandelbaum, a junior. All undergraduate students were able to vote for candidates running for these positions, according to the TCU Senate website.

Sophomore Insiya Naim was elected to fill the vacant position of student representative on the Committee on Student Life (CSL), while first-years Jonah Zwillinger, Camille Calabrese and Max Goldfarb will fill the three vacancies on the TCU Judiciary, according to Mandelbaum. The election of CSL and Judiciary members was also open to all undergraduate students.

Students voted via Voatz, the voting platform first introduced to the Tufts community last year. They were able to vote via mobile app, website or in person, according to ECOM.

ECOM did not release the total turnout of the elections by press time.