Police Briefs — Week of March 12

Wrong place to pass gas
On March 7 at 3:45 p.m., Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) received a report from a contractor that gas had been poured into the hydraulic tank of a Bobcat. The contractor discovered the machine had broken down while trying to use it. The Bobcat was removed from campus for repair. TUPD is unsure if the incident was malicious or accidental.

Van wait, don’t Gogh
Later that day at 6:00 p.m., a Tufts employee called TUPD to notify they had been witness to a van hitting a car on Talbot Ave. The employee saw the van leave the scene and observed minor damage on the parked car. TUPD made contact with the owner of the car and the driver of the van, and the incident was dealt with between the two of them without the help of TUPD.

Sometimes you just need to vent
On March 10 at 8:30 p.m., TUPD responded to a fire alarm at Latin Way. The alarm was set off due to students cooking, although it was unclear what they were preparing. The students opened the windows to ventilate the room. Somerville Fire Department investigated the fire alarm and reset the panel.

Anticlimactic shock
On March 11 at 1:00 p.m., TUPD and Tufts Emergency Medical Services (TEMS) were called to Houston Hall for an allergic reaction. The student’s allergy was not specified, but was food-related. The student was transported to the hospital for further evaluation.

Print

Comments are closed

Related News

Copyrıght 2017 THE TUFTS DAILY. All RIGHTS RESERVED.