Police Briefs: Week of Nov. 8

It's Raining Tiles

The Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) received a report on Oct. 30 at half past midnight after ceiling tiles fell into a dorm room in Metcalf Hall. Facilities was notified about the problem and it was determined that a leak in the ceiling was the cause. The ceiling was repaired.

These Shoes are Made for Runnin'

A student reported a theft to TUPD on Oct. 30 at 6 a.m. when she realized that her pair of black and white Nike shoes had been taken from Harleston Hall. The shoes were last seen on Oct. 28 outside of the student's dorm room but the student did not realize they were missing until two days later. The person who ran off with the shoes is unknown and the shoes have not been recovered.

Checking it Twice...

Another incident of check fraud occurred, this time with a job that was posted on Tufts JobX. TUPD received a report on Nov. 1 at 2 p.m. A student had replied to a post for a personal assistant and was sent a fraudulent check. The student deposited the check into their account and lost money, realizing after it was a scam. The TUPD is still investigating the incident. Tufts Student Services was notified about the issue.

This is Halloween

On Oct. 30 and 31, TUPD officers identified several students trying to place pumpkins high up on the roofs of Dewick-MacPhie Dining Celter, Carmichael Hall, Dana Lab and Mayer Campus Center. The officers referred the students to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs and had the pumpkins removed.

Mr. Steal Your Bike 

On Nov. 6 at 11:30 p.m., a student reported his red Specialized bike stolen from the Campus Center. The bike had not been secured. TUPD officers investigated the theft and managed to recover the bike and return it to its rightful owner.