Events on the Hill: Week of 10/10/17

TUESDAY

“Is an Inclusive Economy Possible?”

Details: A panel will discuss the future of building an inclusive economy as the workplace becomes increasingly automated and income inequality worsens. The panel includes leaders from governmental agencies, non-profit organizations and private-sector companies.

When and Where: 5:30 p.m–8 p.m., Sackler 114, 145 Harrison Ave., Boston

“Common Reading Book Discussion”

Details: Tufts Professor of Political Science Jeff Berry and Assistant Professor of Sociology Sarah Sobieraj will speak about their book, “The Outrage Industry: Political Opinion Media and the New Incivility,” which was the common reading book this summer. The conversation will be moderated by Anthony Brooks, a senior political Reporter at WBUR.

When and Where: 6 p.m., Alumnae Lounge

Wednesday

“Driving Truth into Policy Debates”

Details: HUBWeek, a week-long festival exploring Boston’s future in the realms of art, science and technology, will be making its way to the Tufts SMFA campus for a panel on how fact can remain in today’s political discourse. Panelists include professors from Tufts, Williams and Northeastern and journalists.

When and Where: 6 p.m.–7:30 p.m., The Anderson Auditorium, School of Museum of Fine Arts

Friday

El Amor en Tiempos de Trump: Queer of Color Criticism and Performance”

Details: The 4th annual Consortium of Studies in Race, Colonialism, and Diaspora at Tufts focuses on the creative practices of minority subjects in the realms of “pleasure, community health, and survival.” This day-long event features several panels and ends with a performance at Oberon Theater in Cambridge; transportation will be provided.

When and Where:12 p.m.–9:30 p.m., Breed Memorial Hall, 51 Winthrop St.