Events on the Hill: Week of Oct. 2

MONDAY

Lieutenant General Charles D. Luckey

Details: Lieutenant General Charles D. Luckey, the chief of Army Reserve and Commanding General of the United States Army Reserve Command, will speak on current events and the military as part of the Tufts International Relations Program Speaker Series.

When and Where: 6–7:30 p.m.; Alumnae Lounge

Sponsors: Tufts International Relations Program, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy International Security Studies Program and Tufts Alliance Linking Leaders in Education and the Services

WEDNESDAY

Productive Procrastination

Details: Psychologist and educational consultant Dr. Christopher Willard will discuss how students can incorporate mindfulness into their daily routine.

When and Where: 7 p.m.; Nelson Auditorium (Anderson 112, Science and Engineering Complex)

Sponsors: Department of Health Promotion and Prevention

THURSDAY

“Print is Not Dead”

Details: Gerhard Steidl, the mastermind behind international photobook publisher Steidl, will speak about the opportunities of and drawbacks to both digital and analogue mediums and detail the process behind crafting a Steidl book.

When and Where: 6 p.m.; Cohen Auditorium

Sponsors: Tisch Library, Steidl, Steve Tisch, the Steve Tisch Foundation and the Richard Ehrlich Family Foundation

FRIDAY & SATURDAY

“Freedom’s Open Wound: Kashmir and the Future of South Asia”

Details:On the 70th anniversary of the partition of India,reflect on the current state of affairs in the Kashmir region with a film screening on Friday and a day of panel discussions with scholars and documentarians on Saturday.

When and Where: Film Screening: Friday 4–6 p.m. in Tisch Library 304; Panel Discussions: Saturday 9:30 a.m.–5:15 p.m. in Cabot 7th Floor at the Fletcher School

Sponsor: Center for South Asian and Indian Ocean Studies

MONDAY

“Tufts Indigenous People’s Day Celebration”

Details: There will be food, music, dancing, art and opportunities to get involved with Indigenous activism.

When and Where:4–7 p.m.; Res Quad

Sponsor: Indigenous People’s Day at Tufts