Events on the Hill — Week of April 24

MONDAY

Peace in the Middle East? One hundred years after the Balfour Declaration

Details: Miguel Ángel Moratinos Cuyaubé, Spain’s former Minister of Foreign Affairs and the European Union’s former Special Representative for the Middle East Peace Process for seven years, is speaking at Tufts for an event hosted by the Institute for Global Leadership (IGL).

Where and When: Alumnae Lounge; 6 p.m.

Sponsor: IGL

WEDNESDAY

Mental Health Task Force Listening Session

Details: The Mental Health Task Force, which was formed last semester by University President Anthony Monaco, is hosting a session to gauge students’ thoughts on mental health resources and policies. The university is hosting a number of other sessions this week at Group of Six houses and the School of the Museum of Fine Arts (SMFA).

Where and When: Mayer Campus Center Room 207; 12 p.m.

Sponsor: Mental Health Task Force

The Global Commons: A Tufts-Fletcher Discussion

Details: Undergraduate international relations journal Hemispheres is releasing its 40th issue this week, on the theme of “The Global Commons.” The journal’s launch will be marked by a series of presentations by students and faculty of the School of Arts and Sciences and The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.

Where and When: Crowe Room, The Fletcher School; 12:20 p.m.

Sponsors: Tufts Hemispheres, Fletcher Science Diplomacy Club and International Relations Program

THURSDAY

2017 Birger Lecture Series

Details: Edward Glaeser, an economics professor at Harvard who studies and teaches courses about urban economics, will give a speech on the role of cities in development.

Where and When: Tisch Library 304; 5 p.m.

Sponsor: Department of Economics

FRIDAY

The Future of Trans-Pacific Trade

Details: Barbara Weisel, assistant U.S. trade representative for Southeast Asia and the Pacific, will speak about the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP). Weisel was a negotiator for the TPP.

Where and When: ASEAN Auditorium; 3 p.m.

Sponsor: Fletcher School