Police Briefs - April 21

No Exit Strategy

A Residential Assistant (RA) reported on April 9 at 1:10 a.m. that an exit sign on the third floor of Harleston Hall was ripped from the ceiling. The drop ceiling was also damaged. Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) officers responded to the vandalism report and Facilities Services was notified to repair both the exit sign and the ceiling. No one was seen around the site when the damage was discovered, and it is unknown who was responsible for the damage.

Raising an Alarm

On April 9 at 11:20 a.m. TUPD officers responded to a fire alarm activation at the Central Energy Plant, which is still under construction and has not yet opened. The alarm was on the second floor. The Tufts Fire Marshal and the construction site supervisor were notified to check out the system so it could be reset. The cause of the alarm was not determined.

Hot Wheels

On April 11 at 8:50 p.m. a student reported that the rear wheel of their bike was stolen in front of Anderson Hall. The bike was left for around two hours at the Anderson bike rack. Upon the student's return the back wheel of the blue Trek hybrid bike was missing. Nothing else was taken. The wheel was not recovered and the person who committed the theft is still unknown. The incident is currently under investigation.

Bagged

A student called TUPD after her purse was stolen out of her vehicle around 4:50 p.m. on April 17 near the Latin Way dorms. She had parked her car on Lower Campus Road and when she returned she found that her vehicle had been broken into. Nothing was taken except for the purse. The student was advised to cancel all debit and credit cards and check statements for any unusual charges. The incident is under investigation.

Legging It

TUPD and Tufts Medical Emergency Services (TEMS) went to Bello Field after a report of a sports-related leg injury at 7:50 p.m. on April 18. The injured student was visiting from another lacrosse team and sustained the injury while playing in the lacrosse game. The student was taken to the hospital.