Events on the Hill – Week of April 18

TUESDAY

"The World in Disarray"

Details: Council on Foreign Relations President Richard Haass, a former diplomat for the U.S. Department of State, is participating in a conversation with The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy Dean James Stavridis.

Where and When:ASEAN Auditorium; 3 p.m.

Sponsors: The Fletcher School, Institute for Global Leadership and the International Relations Program

"Tufts Union: Working in the Trump Administration"

Details: The Tufts Union will discuss the potential moral dilemmas and practical consequences of students choosing to serve in President Donald Trump's administration, as part of a debate on the topic, "This Campus would work for the Trump administration."

Where and When:Barnum 104; 9 p.m.

Sponsor:The Tufts Union

WEDNESDAY

"Civic Life Lunch: Chuck Rosenberg"

Details:Chuck Rosenberg (LA '82), the acting administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration, will speak as part of the Civic Life Lunch series at the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life.

Where and When:Rabb Room; 12 p.m.

Sponsor: Tisch College

"The Future of France"

Details:Several speakers, including former German Ambassador to the United States Klaus Scharioth, Associate Professor of Political Science David Art and Assistant Professor of Romance Languages Mona El Khoury, will discuss the upcoming French election and its consequences on the European Union.

Where and When:Sophia Gordon Multipurpose Room; 6 p.m.

Sponsors:European Horizons at Tufts University

"Gina McCarthy: The Future of Environmental Protection"

Details:Former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy (G '81) will speak as part of this year's Voices from the Edge speaker series. 

Where and When:Alumnae Lounge; 7:30 p.m.

Sponsor:Experimental College

FRIDAY

"Untapped Potential: Making Water Markets Work for All"

Details: Academics, graduate students and government officials will speak about water markets at the eighth annual Water: Systems, Science, and Society Symposium. Tickets for the event are free for members of the Tufts community.

Where and When: ASEAN Auditorium; 9 a.m.–5:30 p.m.

Sponsor: Water: Systems, Science, and Society Program