Visiting on the Hill this week

MONDAY

Inaugural Moomaw Professorship Lecture

Details: Fletcher School Professor Avery Cohn is the inaugural holder of the William R. Moomaw Professorship of International Environment and Resource Policy. He will present a lecture on "Sustainable Development in a Changing World" with a reception to follow in the Hall of Flags.

When and Where: 5:30 p.m., ASEAN Auditorium, The Fletcher School, RSVP required at rsvpevents@tufts.edu

WEDNESDAY

Book Talk with University of California, Los Angeles Professor Sarah Haley

Details: Haley's "No Mercy Here: Gender, Punishment, and the Making of Jim Crow Modernity" uses black feminist criticism and archival materials to illustrate the struggle of black women in the South. Haley investigates the creation of modern Jim Crow, specifically looking at the roles of gendered regimes of incarceration.

When and Where: 12 p.m., The Center for the Humanities at Tufts, Fung House

Sponsor:Center for the Humanities at Tufts (CHAT), The Center for the Study of Race and Democracy

"Iran a Year Later: Did Diplomacy Do its Job?"

Details: The American Academy of Diplomacy presents the Joseph J. Sisco Memorial Forum featuring the Honorable Robert Einhorn speaking on the Iranian nuclear deal a year later. Former ambassador John Limbert will speak on Iranian policy and the look from Iran outwards. Former ambassador Ronald Neumann will speak on the topic, "US policy on Iran: what makes sense?" Former ambassadors William Burns and Alan Solomont will provide the keynote address.

When and Where: 5:30 p.m., ASEAN Auditorium, Cabot Intercultural Center

Sponsor: The American Academy of Diplomacy

"Islamic Calligraphy in the Chinese Tradition: A Demonstration by Master Haji Noor Deen"

Details: In a lecture and demonstration, Master Haji Noor Deen will show connections between the Chinese and Islamic traditions through poetry and writing. The artist's pieces will be for sale after the event.

When and Where: 7:00 p.m., Olin 007