Visiting on the Hill

MONDAY

“The Locket: Film Screening & Lecture by Prof. David Bordwell”

Details:David Bordwell, the Jacques Ledoux Professor Emeritus of Film Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison, will give a lecture, "The Switcheroo Tradition: Narrative Innovations in 1940s Hollywood,” following a screening of John Brahm’s film, "The Locket" (1946).

When and Where:4:30 – 7:00 p.m., Room 012, Olin Center

Sponsor:Film and Media Studies program

“Lyon & Bendheim Alumni Lecture Series feat. Omer Trajman, E '00”

Details: Following a networking reception, Rocana CEO Omer Trajman(E ’00) will be addressing attendees as a part of the Lyon & Bendheim Alumni Lecture Series. Trajman has used his technological background in computer engineering to influence the industry's modern database management systems.

When and Where: 7:00 – 8:30 p.m., Breed Memorial Hall (51 Winthrop St.)

Sponsors:Alumni Relations

THURSDAY

“Faith is a Verb: Sister Tess Browne, SCN (Sisters of Charity Nazareth)”

Details:Marie-Therese Browne, known as Sister Tess, from the Sisters of Charity Nazareth, will discuss her experiences working on social causes for the past 30 years. She is currently working on campaigns such as the “Fight for Fifteen” minimum wage campaign with the Massachusetts Interfaith Worker Justice.

When and Where: 12:00 – 1:30 p.m., Goddard Chapel

Sponsors: Tufts Catholic Chaplaincy, Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life, Department of Religion

"Supermassive Black Hole Growth over the Past 12 Billion Years”

Details:Meg Urry, director of the Yale Center for Physics and Astrophysics, will present parts of her research as the Kathryn A. McCarthy Lectureship in Physics.

When and Where:4:00-5:30 p.m., Room 401, 574 Boston Avenue

Sponsor:Departments of Physics and Astronomy

SATURDAY

“An Evening with Kristin Chenoweth”

Details:Broadway star Kristin Chenoweth and Mary-Mitchell Campbell, who served as musical director for many of Chenoweth’s shows, will be performing in a special event.

When and Where: 8:00 p.m., Distler Performance Hall, Perry and Marty Granoff Music Center

Sponsor:Department of Music