Visiting on the Hill

MONDAY

"Imagining synthetic biology futures and making them real" Details: As a part of the inaugural "Technoscience and the State" course, several professionals will be discussing their experiences in the synthetic biology field. Guest speakers include Christina Agapakis, creative director at Ginkgo BioworksKevin Esvelt, assistant professor at MIT Media Lab, Rebecca Wilbanks, a PhD student at Stanford University, and Sam Weiss Evans, lecturer of the "Technoscience and the State" class.

When and Where3:00 to 4:15 p.m., Room 206, Eaton Hall

Sponsor: Science, Technology and Society program

“Pizza and Pasta: A Lecture with Chef Ross Weinberg”

Details: Ross Weinberg, executive chef of Figs, the famous Beacon Hill pizza spot, will share his insights on Italian cooking and provide pizza samples.

When and Where: 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., Room 104, Pearson Chemical Laboratory

Sponsor: Tufts Culinary Society

TUESDAY

"CeCe McDonald & Joshua Allen: #BlackExcellenceTour"

Details: First-year Elise Sommers and senior Renee' Vallejo have partnered to bring Joshua Allen, a black transgender-feminine organizer and abolitionist, and CeCe McDonald, a black transgender woman activist, to campus as part of their spring #BlackExcellenceTour. McDonald and Allen will share their insights on issues related to black and transgender individuals.

When and Where: 7:00 to 8:30 p.m., Alumnae Lounge

SponsorsTufts Queer Students Association, the LGBT Center,Loving Ourselves as Queer Students of Color in Action (LOQSOCA), Tufts Students for Justice in Palestine, Women's, Gender and Sexuality Studies program, International Relations program, Peace and Justice Studies program, Consortium of Studies in Race, Colonialism and Diaspora.

THURSDAY

"Upheaval" symposium with artists Marcelo Brodsky and Jorge Tacla

Details: Artists Marcelo Brodsky and Jorge Tacla of the Tufts Art Gallery's "Upheaval" exhibition will be speaking on a panel with two Boston-area historians to discuss the historical connections between American civil rights issues and South American human rights issues. When and Where: 5:00 to 6:30 p.m., Tufts University Art Gallery, Aidekman Arts Center

Sponsors: Tufts University Art Gallery, Arts, Sciences and Engineering Diversity Fund, Latin American Studies Program, Consortium on Race, Colonialism and Diaspora