Police Briefs: March 1

Stolen Jacket Theft

A student called the Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) at 5 p.m. on Feb. 18 to report that her 3/4 length black Canada Goose jacket with a fur hood had been stolen the previous night when she was at an off-campus event. Her house keys, iPhone and wallet were in the jacket pockets. She received those items the following day, but the jacket is still missing.

Pole Crash

A vehicle backed into a light pole on the academic quad on Feb. 18 at 8:30 p.m. and then left the scene. TUPD was able to locate the driver, who was unaffiliated with Tufts, and Facilities Services was informed for repairs.

Trash Can Fire

A trash can in the Mayer Campus Center's front entrance caught on fire at midnight Feb. 19. TUPD and a local fire department responded by extinguishing the fire. The cause of the fire is still unknown.

Gas Leak

A vehicle had a minor drip leak below the rear passenger side at the corner of Professors Row and Packard Avenue at 7 p.m. on Feb. 22. A gas smell was detected and Facilities Services was informed. TUPD found the vehicle owner, the leak was cleaned up and the owner took the vehicle to her mechanic.

Road Paint

TUPD found white spray paint on the road between Olin Center and Cabot Intercultural Center at 12:15 a.m. Feb. 26. A phone number was listed on the ground, and officers checked campus for similar graffiti, but none was found. Facilities Services was told to clean up the paint.