Visiting the Hill this week

MONDAY

"Synaptic Scholars Fireside Chat Series: Pedagogy in the Natural Sciences"

Details: Joshua Kritzer, professor in the Department of Chemistry, and David Hammer, professor in the Department of Education, will speak about effective and innovative teaching methods in the natural sciences as a part of the Fireside Chat Series by Synaptic Scholars.

When and Where:6 p.m., Terrace Room, Paige Hall

Sponsor:Institute for Global Leadership

TUESDAY

"Israel and Palestine: Is a Two-State Solution No Longer Feasible?"

Details: Padraig O'Malleyprofessor of peace and reconciliation at the University of Massachusetts in Boston, will give a lecture on the two-state solution for the Israel-Palestine conflict and accept the Dr. Jean Mayer Global Citizenship Award. O'Malley will also be speaking about his new book "The Two-State Delusion: Israel and Palestine, A Tale of Two Narratives" and will do a book signing after the lecture.

When and Where: 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., ASEAN Auditorium, Cabot Intercultural Center

Sponsor: Institute for Global Leadership

THURSDAY

"Talloires Declaration: Past, present, future"

Details: As a part of the Environmental Studies Program Lunch and Learn lecture series, William Moomaw, the co-director of the Global Development and Environment Institute, will speak about the Tailloires Declaration, the climate commitment Tufts and other schools signed. This year will mark the 25th anniversary of Tufts' signing the declaration, and Moomaw will discuss what has happened on campus since then.

When and Where: 12 p.m. to 1 p.m., Rabb Room, Lincoln Filene Center

Sponsors: Environmental Studies Lunch and Learn Program and Tufts Institute of the Environment