Police Briefs Nov. 14

Pumpked

Two students were caught “pumpkin-ing,” or placing pumpkins around campus, on Oct. 30 at 9:25 p.m. at Bowen Gate. The students were posing for pictures with the pumpkins that they had put on the top of the gate.

Hillside’s Graffiti

An incidence of vandalism was reported at 11:30 a.m. on Oct. 31. “DIK” was spray painted in red letters on the wall outside of Hillsides Apartments 80s.

Wrong Alarm

A male student was reported for underage drinking on Oct. 31 at 1:08 p.m. The student was spray painting in his dorm room when the paint apparently set off the fire alarm, causing Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) to go investigate. When the officers arrived in the room, they found several bottles of alcohol. TUPD asked for the student’s ID and discovered that he was under 21.

Dis-car-dable Parts

On Nov. 1 at 12 a.m., a male suspect was caught damaging a car in the Chi Omega parking lot. The student had ripped the side mirror off the car door and then thrown it at the car, causing further damage to the vehicle. The incident is under investigation.

Car-less Behavior

On Nov. 6 at 12 a.m., a male suspect damaged a moving vehicle with his skateboard. The skateboarder was standing in the road as the car drove down Curtis Ave. When the skateboarder was asked to move, he got out of the way of the car but then used his skateboard to inflict damage on the exterior of the car.

FakID

A student was caught attempting to use a fake ID at a hospital, after being transported there by Tufts Emergency Medical Services. The hospital reported the incident to TUPD, which provided a judicial referral for the student to the Dean of Student Affairs Office for further discussion.