Administration to review late night dining, according to TCU Senate update

The Tufts Community Union (TCU) Senate held a relatively short meeting last night to discuss ongoing community projects and tackle various supplementary funding requests.

TCU President Brian Tesser opened the meeting with updates on the new working committee that is collaborating with the university on housing issues. According to Tesser, the Residential Strategies Working Group (RSWG) will work to improve space availability on campus.

Tesser, a senior, then announced that sophomores Ian Clark and Ariel Barbieri-Aghib had been nominated to serve as the Community Outreach liaisons for Senate.

Tesser also talked about the Late Night Dinning program, a TCU Senate-introduced project that has recently been called into question due to behavioral issues. According to Tesser, the administration has taken interest in the project and the alcohol steering committee will further discuss these issues.

Junior Gauri Seth, vice president of TCU Senate, updated the Senate on various committees and services such as late night study in Carmichael Hall and the Thanksgiving Turkey Shuttle. Seth added that the Two Minute Tuesdays Senate update videos will be replaced by Two Minute Thursdays.

Following these updates, the Senate voted unanimously to approve a project, proposed by Seth, that aims to change the timeline for financial aid refunds, which will be chaired by Tesser.

First-year Parker Breza, the LGBT Community Representative, updated Senate about progress concerning the gender pronoun resolution.

After general updates, TCU Treasurer Shai Slotky, a junior, took the floor to handle supplementary funding requests from various student groups.

The Senate agreed to award $175 to the Chabad House, $450 to J Street U, $450 to the Tufts African Dance Collective (TADC), $129.75 to the Thai Students Association and $681 to Tufts Urban Policy, Planning and Prosperity (UP3), according to Senate Allocation Board (ALBO) recommendations. Shir Appeal, which initially requested $2,000, was not granted any supplementary funding.

The meeting concluded with the recognition of Tufts for Bernie as a subgroup under Tufts Democrats.