Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Mike Mullen is interviewed by Good Morning America's George Stephanopoulos. Mullen discussed the civil unrest in Egypt during the morning show interview. (U.S. Navy photo by Mass Communication Specialist 1st Class Chad J. McNeeley/Released)

George Stephanopoulos chosen as Murrow Forum guest

ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos will be visiting the Hill as the featured guest for this year’s 10th annual Edward R. Murrow Forum on Issues in Journalism, according to Director of Public Relations Kim Thurler. 

The forum will take place on April 8, though the location and time of the event have yet to be announced, Thurler said.

To begin the forum, Jonathan M. Tisch (LA ’76), vice chair of the Board of Trustees, will interview Stephanopoulos. The forum will end with a question-and-answer period for attendees to ask Stephanopoulos about his experience in politics and journalism, according to Thurler.

Stephanopoulos currently anchors ABC’sGood Morning America” and “This Week with George Stephanopoulos,” and has previously worked as a political correspondent for these programs and ABC’s “World News Tonight.”

Stephanopoulos previously served as former President Bill Clinton’s de facto press secretary and worked on both the Clinton and Michael Dukakis presidential campaigns. 

Previous Murrow Forum guests include former “NBC World News” Anchor Brian Williams, former “CBS Evening News” anchor Katie Couric and Arianna Huffington, chair, president and editor-in-chief of Huffington Post Media Group.

Print