Visiting the Hill this week

MONDAY

"Granoff Music Center Colloquium Series: Large-Scale Formative Processes in Ostinato Music"

Details: Michael Tenzer, professor of music at the University of British Columbia, will present the final colloquium of the semester.

When and Where: 12 - 1:30 p.m., Perry and Marty Granoff Music Center, Varis Lecture Hall

Sponsor: Department of Music

"Semi-Supervised Learning"

Details: Eli Brown, a Ph.D. candidate at Tufts, will talk about interactive machine learning with a focus on his research using interactive visualizations to help users leverage machine learners.

When and Where: 9 - 10 p.m., Halligan Hall, Room 102

Sponsor: Tufts Data Science Club

TUESDAY

"Tisch College Distinguished Speaker Series: Boston Mayor Marty Walsh"

Details: Boston Mayor Martin Walsh will speak about pressing public issues.

When and Where: 9 - 10 a.m., Alumnae Lounge

Sponsor: Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public Service

WEDNESDAY

"Economics Department Seminar Series: Cheap-Talk, Round-Numbers and the Economics of Negotiation"

Details: Steven Tadelis, associate professor at the Haas Business and Public Policy Group at the University of California, Berkeley, will give a talk.

When and Where: 4:30 - 5:45 p.m., Lincoln Filene Center, Rabb Room

Sponsor: Department of Economics

THURSDAY

"Tufts University Chaplaincy Annual Holiday Concert"

Details: Tufts Chaplaincy will present its annual holiday concert with the Tufts Concert Choir and other musicians across campus, including a carol sing-along, followed by a reception.

When and Where: 4:40 - 6:30 p.m., Goddard Chapel

Sponsor: Tufts University Chaplaincy

"The Arab Spring: Lessons Learned and Future Prospects"

Details: Mohamed ElBaradei, The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy's Nobel-Laureate-in-Residence and director general emeritus of the International Atomic Energy Agency, will present a lecture and discussion.

When and Where: 6 - 7:30 p.m., Cabot ASEAN Auditorium

Sponsor: The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy

"Fortune, Virtue and Love: An Evening of Opera Scenes"

Details: Tufts Opera Ensemble will present an evening of music in scenes from opera and musical theater.

When and Where: 8 - 10 p.m., Distler Performance Hall, Perry and Marty Granoff Music Center

Sponsor: Department of Music

FRIDAY

"World AIDS Day Documentary Marathon"

Details: Tufts Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Center will commemorate World AIDS Day, held on Dec. 1 each year, with a marathon of documentaries and a display of images from a panel of the NAMES Project AIDS Memorial Quilt, created in 2011, with supplies for participants to make their own commemorative panels.

When and Where: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m., LGBT Center

Sponsor: LGBT Center

"Fifth Annual Women's Center Symposium on Gender and Culture Body Language: Constructions of the Body"

Details: Students will discuss constructions of the body through research on medicalization, religion, education and agency as they manifest in and on bodies. The keynote address will be provided by Jennifer Burton, professor of the practice in the Department of Drama and Dance.

When and Where: 12:30 - 5 p.m., Sophia Gordon Hall

Sponsors: Women's Center, Graduate Student Council

"Sustainable Development in Asia"

Details: Nathan Perry, assistant professor at Colorado Mesa University, and Sara Hsu, assistant professor of the State University of New York at New Paltz, will discuss their recent book series examining sustainable development in six countries in Asia.

When and Where: 12:30 - 2 p.m., Cabot Intercultural Center, Room 703

Sponsor: The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy

"New Music Ensemble: In C"

Details: The New Music Ensemble with guest artists will present new works, improvisations and performance art.

When and Where: 8 - 10 p.m., Perry and Marty Granoff Music Center, Distler Performance Hall

Sponsor: Department of Music

SATURDAY

"SALAAM Presents: BOL"

Details: South Asian Literary Arts and Music (SALAAM) will host a film-screening.

When and Where: 6 p.m., Olin Center, Room 002

Sponsor: SALAAM