Police Briefs

Car Raid

At 12:30 p.m. on Oct. 16, a student alerted the Tufts University Police Department (TUPD) of the theft of some items from his car. On Oct. 12, the student parked the car behind 134 Professor's Row. When the student returned to his car on Oct. 16, he noticed that a faceplate and a subwoofer were missing from the car’s sound system.

Dry Weekend

On Oct. 19, TUPD officers noted that only one student was transported to the hospital due to alcohol intoxication during the entire weekend.

Chemical Heights

At 2:18 a.m. TUPD received a report of people on the top of campus chemistry buildings. Four students were discovered on the roof of Pearson Chemical Laboratory and another seven students were found on top of Michael Laboratory. One of the rooftop intruders insisted that he was not a Tufts student, but was visiting a student at Tufts who was not on the roof. He then gave the name of his alleged host, but eventually admitted that the name he had given was his own and that he was a Tufts student. All 11 students were escorted down from the roofs.

Prank Caller

TUPD received a large number of reports from Tufts students of telephone calls from an individual claiming to be police officer. Most of the calls came on Oct. 17 and Oct. 20, with many of them directed to graduate students. The students reported to TUPD that the alleged officer told them that if their outstanding fines were not paid immediately, they would be arrested. While most of the students who received the calls simply hung up, two students did in fact pay the money. TUPD currently has a detective working on the case.