Visiting the Hill this week

TUESDAY

Conference: "Thinking About Think Tanks"

Details: The all-day conference will address the overarching project of think tanks in American public policy. Michèle Flournoy, former undersecretary of defense for policy, will deliver the keynote address.

When and Where: 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Mugar Hall, Seventh Floor

Sponsor: The Fletcher School of Law and DiplomacyFrom Grexit to Grecovery: Is the euro-crisis over?

Details: Alexandros Tourkolias, chief executive officer of National Bank of Greece, will host the lecture.

When and Where: 12:30 - 2 p.m.,Chase Center, Carmichael Hall

Sponsor: The Fletcher School of Law and DiplomacyEconomics Department Seminar Series: Auctions Mechanisms and Bidder Collusion: Bribes, Signals and Selection

Details: R'oi Zultan, lecturer of economics at Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, will present the findings from his research.

When and Where: 4:30 - 5:45 p.m., Lincoln-Filene Center, Rabb Room

Sponsor: Department of EconomicsWinning Hearts and Minds: Anti-Racism, Feminism and the New Economy

Details: Chris Crass, organizer, educator and writer, will lead a workshop to discuss the development of a more sustainable economy through multiracial, cross-class and feminist movement building.

When and Where: 6:30 - 8:30 p.m., Paige Hall, Crane Room

Sponsors: Global Development and Environment Institute, Tufts New Economy, Jonathan M. Tisch College of Citizenship and Public ServiceSAAC Speaker Series Presents: Katie Hnida Talks to Tufts!

Details: Katie Hnida, the first woman to play and score points in a NCAA Div. I football game, will discuss her football career and her activism spreading awareness about violence against women.

When and Where: 7 p.m., Steve Tisch Sports and Fitness Center, Third Floor Film Room

Sponsor: Student Athlete Advisory Committee

WEDNESDAY

Station House Chili Fest

Details: Tufts Dining Services will host local Somerville and Medford Police, Fire and Emergency Medical Services teams along with Tufts Police, Fire and Tufts Emergency Medical Services to celebrate National Fire Prevention and Public Safety Month over lunch.

When and Where: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m., Carmichael Dining Center

Sponsor: Tufts Dining ServicesReading Camus during the West African Ebola Outbreak: An Anthropological Reflection

Details: Adia Benton, assistant professor of anthropology at Brown University, will present in light of her work as a medical anthropologist with multiple years of experience in Sierra Leone.

When and Where: 12 - 1:15 p.m., Tisch Library, Room 304

Sponsors: Department of Anthropology, Department of Romance Languages, Community Health Program, International Relations Program, the Consortium of Studies in Race, Colonialism and Diaspora

Bill Hayton: China's Claims in the South China Sea

Details: Bill Hayton, a reporter with BBC News who focuses on contemporary Asia, will discuss the origins of China's claims in the South China Sea and his upcoming book on the subject.

When and Where: 3:30 - 4:30 p.m., Cabot Intercultural Center, Room 205

Sponsor: The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy

PrEP, PEP, and the State of HIV Prevention: A Conversation with Carl Sciortino

Details: Carl Sciortino, executive director of AIDS Action Committee, will speak about recent advancements in pre-exposure and post-exposure prophylaxis, and in what ways they have changed the way perspectives on safer sex and HIV prevention.

When and Where: 7 - 9 p.m., Cabot ASEAN Auditorium

Sponsors: Tufts Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Center

Nothing But Net: How Profits, Pundits and the Press are Changing Pro Sports

Details: A panel of professional sport journalists, including Chris Stone (LA '92), managing editor for Sports Illustrated, Dan Barbarisi (LA '01), New York Yankees beat reporter for The Wall Street Journal, Tony Massarotti (LA' 89),Boston Globe contributor and co-host of a talk show on 98.5 The Sports Hub and Shira Springer, investigative and enterprise sports reporter for The Boston Globe, will lead the discussion.

When and Where: 7:30 - 9:30 p.m., Paige Hall, Crane Room

Sponsor: Communications and Media Studies Program

THURSDAY

"Jumbo: Marvel, Myth and Mascot" lecture and reception

Details: Andrew McClellan, professor of art history, will host a lecture about the "Jumbo: Marvel, Myth and Mascot" exhibition, which he curated, currently on view in the Tufts University Art Gallery.

When and Where: 5 - 6:30 p.m., Alumnae Lounge

Sponsors: Tufts University Art Gallery, Office of Alumni Relations

Libya's Turmoil in Historical Perspective

Details: Ali Abdullatif Ahmida, professor of political science at the University of New England, will present.

When and Where: 6 - 8 p.m., Barnum Hall, Room 104

Sponsor: Middle Eastern Studies Program

FRIDAY

Noah Rosenberg, LA '05: Human Stories Will Change the World

Details: Noah Rosenberg (LA '05), founder, CEO and editor-in-chief of Narratively,a platform devoted to untold human stories, will discuss his experience with the organization.

When and Where: 3:30 - 5 p.m., Tisch Library, Hirsh Reading Room

Sponsors: Friends of Tufts Libraries, Tufts Office of Special Events