Visiting the Hill This Week

MONDAY "Leontief Prize Ceremony and Lecture: Development and Well−Being in Times of Crisis" Details: Dr. Bina Agarwal of University of Delhi and Dr. Daniel Kahneman of Princeton University will be awarded the 2010 Leontief Prize for Advancing the Frontiers of Economic Thought. The prize winners will each give a lecture and the ceremony will be followed by a reception. When and Where: 5 p.m.; Coolidge Room, Ballou Hall Sponsor: The Global Devel−opment and Environment Institute "Becoming Your Own Therapist: Ultimate Self−Help Through Buddhism" Details: Dr. Nick Ribush, director of the Kurukulla Center for Tibetan Buddhist Studies, will discuss Buddhism in conjuction with the construction of the Tibetan Sand Mandala displayed in Tisch Library. When and Where: 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Goddard Chapel Sponsor: Office of the University Chaplain TUESDAY "Perchlorate: Wherefrom, Wherein and Where Do We Go From Here?" Details: Purnendu Dasgupta, the Jenkins Garrett Professor and chair of chemistry and biochemistry at the University of Texas at Arlington will be delivering a chemistry seminar. When and Where: 4:30 p.m.; Pearson 106 Sponsor: Department of Chemistry WEDNESDAY "Break into Finance: Tips from Insiders" Details: Anthony Scaramucci (LA ‘86) from Skybridge Capital and Jerry Moslow (LA ‘86) from Goldman Sachs will answer questions about their careers and share tips on joining the finance industry. Pre−registration required. When and Where: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Dowling Hall 745 Sponsor: Career Services "Break into Sports Careers: Tips from an Insider" Details: David Rone (LA ‘84), co−head of CAA Sports, will discuss his career in sports media and sports business. When and Where: 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.; Dowling Hall 745 Sponsor: Career Services "Roosevelt Advocacy Training" Details: Sarang Sekhavat, the federal policy director from the Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition, will talk about how to advocate for policy on a grassroots level. When and Where: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Mayer Campus Center Conference Room Sponsor: The Roosevelt Instit−ute THURSDAY "Microfluidic Systems for Investigation of Spatiotemporal Dynamics in Biological Systems" Details: Professor William Messner of Carnegie Mellon University will present on "Microfluidic System for Investigation of Spatiotemporal Dynamics in Biological Systems." When and Where: 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.; Nelson Auditorium, Anderson Hall Sponsor: Department of Mech−anical Engineering "GAYpril Kick−off Speaker" Details: Wayne Besen, author and founder of nonprofit LGBT rights organization Truth Wins Out, will kick off a month of LGBT activities for "GAYpril." He will discuss the state of affairs of LGBT rights in the US as well as the role the religious right plays in the movement. When and Where: 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.; Crane Room Sponsor: LGBT Center