This Week on the Hill

MONDAY

"Univision and the Emerging Role of Hispanic Media"

Details: Steven Wolfe (A '95), vice president of business intelligence for the Spanish-language media company Univision, will discuss the increasing worldwide presence of Hispanic media. When and Where: 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.; Barnum 104 Sponsor: Communications and Media Studies Program

"Making Sense of the Subprime Crisis"

Details: Paul Willen, senior economist and policy advisor at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, will describe the development and causes of the housing and financial crises, along with his expectations for the future. The presentation, part of the Economics Society Guest Speaker series, will be followed by a question-and-answer session. When and Where: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.; Cabot 206 Sponsor: Tufts Economics Society

TUESDAY

"Bone Marrow Drive"

Details: The Asian American Alliance, in conjunction with the Cammy Lee Leukemia Foundation, will host a minority-focused bone marrow drive to increase the number of minorities in the national bone marrow registry. Minorities are significantly underrepresented in the program. When and Where: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., continued on Wed. from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Campus Center Sponsor: Asian American Alliance

"Dean's Spring Faculty Forum featuring Susan Napier"

Details: In a talk entitled "Of Owls, Rings and Grand Theft Auto: The Uses and Abuses of Enchantment," Professor of Japanese Language and Literature Susan Napier will explore the role of fantasy, imagination and virtual worlds in the 21st century. When and Where: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Coolidge Room, Ballou Hall Sponsor: Office of the Dean of Arts and Sciences

WEDNESDAY

"A Geopolitical Perspective -- The Character and Consensus of Israeli Society"

Details: Avi Melamed, an expert on Israeli and Middle Eastern geopolitics, will provide an in-depth analysis of Israeli society. Melamed founded and is the executive director of IDAN, a nonprofit grassroots initiative whose goal is to encourage and empower educators to confront the leadership crisis in Israel. A free kosher lunch will be served. When and Where: 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.; Eaton 206 Sponsors: Tufts Friends of Israel, Jewish Community Relations Council of Greater Boston, the Israel Campus Roundtable, and the Consulate General of Israel to New England

"Jobs in the Media: Tips for Seniors"

Details: A panel of speakers with expertise in media fields will provide tips and strategies for obtaining media-related jobs. Students can register at Career Services or by calling (617) 627-3299. When and Where: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m.; Dowling Hall 745 Sponsors: Communications and Media Studies Program and Career Services