Ice ice baby

Pooja: As a third-year survivor of Massachusetts’ harsh winter conditions, there are some lessons that I have learned along the way. Firstly, a standard answer for the typical, “What’s your biggest fear?” questions: hands down, BLACK ICE. For those of you that don’t have it as your top-priority fear, it just hasn’t gotten you yet. After sliding down two flights of the Memorial Steps last winter, I have a sore attitude (and tail bone) towards the month of February as well as some of Tufts’ safety precautions. So, in attempts to beat the system this year, I purchased a new product called “Stable-Icers”: fun name, fun product -- or that’s what one would think. Two stretchable devices that can be attached to your winter boot, equipped with spiked soles for utmost traction. While they seem to work relatively well on ice, the product unfortunately does not come with a warning on indoor use, leaving me face-planted once again. So, for those of you online shoppers who believe in the power of the pun-for-product design, think again -- the Stable-Icers aren’t so Stable-Nicers.

Dear NYSD, What are your thoughts on Justin Bieber?

Pooja: Well, although general society appears to have a shared opinion on his intellect and general moral behavior, I do have to say that I am appreciating what he is doing artistically these days. I personally feel that I would be a Belieber if he simply stuck to what he’s good at: R&B. My thoughts on Justin are that I like what he’s been doing and want to see more. If Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Drake and DJ Mustard do a song together, I swear to you my life will be made forever. So if any of you four are reading, please, for the sake of this Snowpocalypse, make us some decent study music.

Dear Pooja, How does it feel to look like a carpet today?

Rebecca: Pooja really does not want to answer this question. It makes her self-conscious. Pooja has no recollection of what she was wearing on the day this question was submitted, nor does she believe she has any carpet-like clothing articles. However, with her penchant for one-click away purchases on Amazon Prime, I believe that many of her “steals” can fall into this category. It is possible that Pooja was wearing a pair of Uggs that we both own (sometimes her bad judgment can cloud mine) or one of her over-sized sweaters that she brought back from some market in China. Though, my favorite theory is that Pooja was having a bad hair day as we all experience. But how does she feel about looking like a carpet? Unhappy, this is a dark moment for the Pooj.

Dear NYSD, Do you believe in life after love?

Rebecca: Yes! An overarching theme of my life has been my love of Cher and my pursuit to see her before she stops touring. Cher does not feel the same way. She has canceled the concert I was slated to see three times. I feel quite disenchanted. At first, I was disappointed in Cher. I felt like the spark in our relationship had been snuffed out. In order to cope, as I often do, I listened to “Believe.” Cher’s voice loftily asks, “Do you believe in life after love?” I know that the answer is yes -- though she broke my heart -- I know that I am strong enough to move on. Just to clarify, move on means dutifully wait until she announces a new tour.

As I wait for Cher, we’re also waiting for more question submissions to our Google Doc! Please keep submitting! Reading these questions is the only extracurricular Pooja and I have.