Do it this weekend: March 8–10

52911256_2183344738353916_8414869684905574400_n
The promotional poster for 3P's 'Mr. Burns: a post-electric play' is pictured.

Looking for some fun, artsy activities to do this weekend? Here are just a few of the arts-related things going on at Tufts and in Boston for you to explore and enjoy.

Friday, March 8, and Saturday, March 9:

Pen, Paint, and Pretzels (3Ps) presents “Mr. Burns: a post-electric play”

This weekend, 3Ps presents their Spring Major production, “Mr. Burns: a post-electric play.”  “Mr. Burns” is a dark comedy that takes place in a post-apocalyptic landscape nearly 100 years in the future, where the pop culture icons of the past — namely, “The Simpsons” (1989–) — have become mythicized tales in the new civilization. Showings are in Balch Arena Theater at 8 p.m. on Friday and 7 p.m. on Saturday.

Saturday, March 9:

Tufts/NEC Dual-Degree Concert

If you’re looking for some music this weekend, students of the Tufts/New England Conservatory (NEC) dual-degree program will be showcasing their music at a concert this Saturday. The Tufts/NEC program is a five-year degree program that gives students the opportunity to specialize in music at NEC while also completing their liberal arts education at Tufts. The performance will feature classical and jazz music, as well as original compositions. It will be at 8 p.m. in Distler Performance Hall

TRILLFIT at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum

Can’t decide between the museum and a dance aerobics class? Good news — now you can do both this Saturday at the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum! This Saturday at 9:30am, the ISG will be hosting a hip-hop fitness class with TRILLFIT, a fitness studio in Boston that focuses on dance-based interval training. The workshop is open to dancers of all levels, and tickets can be purchased on the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum website.

Family and Children’s Concert Series: Kiniwe

Kiniwe, the West African dance and drum ensemble at Tufts, is holding its concert as part of the Children’s Concert Series at Tufts. The best part? The performance is completely free and open to the public! Visit Distler Performance Hall at 1 p.m. this Saturday to see the performance.

Sunday, March 10:

Tufts Wind Ensemble: “War and Peace”

In addition to the Tufts/NEC concert, the Tufts Wind Ensemble will also be performing their concert entitled “War and Peace” this Sunday at 3 p.m. in Distler. Conducted by Tufts Music Lecturer John McCan, the performance will include music composed by John Williams, Don Nelson, Richard Rodgers and David Holsinger.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday:

Pop-Up at the MFA: “How We See: Photobooks by Women”

This weekend, the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston is hosting a pop-up in celebration of International Women’s Day.  Entitled “How We See: Photobooks by Women,” the exhibit showcases books of photos by over 100 female photographers from around the world. In addition, there will also be 15-minute talks from local artists and students throughout each of the days of the exhibit. The pop-up will be open during normal museum hours.