Do it this weekend: Oct. 20–22

It’s after Homecoming, before Halloween and in the thick of midterms — this weekend may not seem like much fun, but if you’re looking to unwind a little and take a break from the books, the Daily’s got you covered. Check out these events below, and enjoy the sunshine and the spooky season while they last!

FRIDAY

"Cabaret/Cabin in the Woods"

The Somerville Theatre is known for its oddball, holiday-themed events and screenings. Thanks to the Boston-based horror burlesque troupe The Slaughterhouse Society, this Halloween doesn’t disappoint. Come to “Cabaret in the Woods!” for a fun, on-theme live performance, and stay for a screening of “Cabin in the Woods” (2012) in 35mm. A ticket to both events is $15.

When and where: Live show at 8 p.m., movie screening at 9; The Somerville Theatre

"Polykhroma Presents: Fusion"

This Friday, Polykhroma finally debuts its first exhibition of the school year. The theme is fusion: “from information integration and intertwining cultures to political partnerships and principles of science,”plus fusion-inspired drinks. Take in the art and performance of fellow students, and finally engage in conversations about more than classes. Abstract and relevant, this arts event is one you won’t want to miss.

When and where: 8–11 p.m.; 48 Winthrop St, Medford

SATURDAY

"Oktacofest — Cold Beer, Tacos, Music & More!"

Tired of the yearly “Oktoberfest” tribute parties with cheap beer and lame conversation? Come to Boston’s freshest art park for something new: a tacofest with music and family-friendly events all day. Whether you drop in for a taco or stay all day, this take on “Oktoberfest” celebrates the season in style.

When and where: 12–8 p.m.;Underground at Ink Block, Boston

"2017 Head of the Charles Regatta"

This iconic Boston tradition is back at it again with its exhilarating boat races along the Charles River, featuring competitors young and old alike. Even if you’re not competing, come and enjoy fierce competition and a gorgeous view of the city, preppy Cambridge style.

When and where: Oct. 21 and 22, 8 a.m.–5 p.m.; Charles River, Memorial Drive, Cambridge

SUNDAY

Tufts Sunday Concert Series — "An Afternoon with Nina Barwell and Friends"

The Tufts Music Department’s Sunday Concert Series brings another event this week, featuring flutists Nina Barwell and Rachel Roberts, cellist Emmanuel Feldman and pianist Thomas Stumpf. In the midst of chaos and cramming, this concert is sure to be the soothing experience you need. Have a relaxing afternoon with C.P.E. Bach, Czenry, Martinů and more!

When and where: 3–5 p.m.; Distler Performance Hall, Granoff Music Center

"The Feminine Empowerment Movement Slam Tournament"

The “Feminine Empowerment Movement," or FEMS, is organizing a grassroots poetry slam for feminine-identified people in Boston. This Sunday, the tournament culminates in a first-ever finals stage of poetry and expression. You may not have heard slam poetry since high school, but come and see the talent and empowerment flourishing in your own backyard.

When and where: 6:30–9 p.m.; The First Parish in Cambridge, 1446 Mass. Ave., Cambridge