Do it this weekend: Sept. 15-17

While it may not be syllabus week any more, there’s still time to take advantage of your light workload and check out what’s going on in Boston. With all the films, markets, shows and events going on around campus and in town, there are a great reasons to procrastinate, too. Don’t worry — your secret's safe with me.

Friday

ICA After 5: Merengue at the Museum

Enjoy the warm weather while it lasts with free dance lessons and new fall exhibitions included with Friday admission to the Institute of Contemporary Art.

When and where: 5:30, 6:30 and 7:30 p.m. on Sept. 15; State Street Corporation Lobby, ICA Boston

Visiting Artist: Aki Sasamoto

Take the shuttle over to the SMFA campus where New York-based Japanese artist Aki Sasamoto is giving a talk on her performance and installation work.

When and where: 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. on Sept. 15; Anderson Auditorium, SMFA campus

By The Pound Students Free Friday

The historic Garment District vintage shop in Cambridge is hosting one of its famous traditions: on Friday, students and those under 18 years old get one bag of clothes weighing up to 15 pounds for free from the By the Pound department — just in time for sweater weather.

When and where: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Sept. 15; The Garment District

Saturday

South End Open Studios

This weekend, art galleries in the Boston South End's "SoWa" district will host an event that gives visitors the chance to engage with the artists behind the works in the galleries. This free event will feature over 200 artists at acclaimed art spaces like the Boston Center for the Arts at 551 Tremont Street and the sidewalk area of 560 Harrison Avenue and others.

When and where: 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. on Sept. 16 and 17; South End Open Studios

Blood Orange 

Singer and songwriter Dev Hynes will be performing at the Paradise Rock Club, including songs from his newest album, "Freetown Sound" (2016).

When and where: 8 p.m. on Sept. 16; Paradise Rock Club

Sunday

Black Market hosted by Boston Hassle & Ignore Rock'n'Roll Heroes

This one-day flea market features handmade artwork, prints, clothing, ceramics, jewelry, records and zinessome even by our own Tufts students.

When and where: 11 a.m. - 5 p.m. on Sept. 17; Massasoit Elks Lodge

Boston Women’s Market

An additional market this Sunday features local womyn business owners selling all kinds of wares — from chocolates to clothes — so you can treat yourself and support the community!

When and where: 12 p.m. on Sept. 17; Loring-Greenough House

Tufts Sunday Concert Series – Bach in the Library at Midnight

Round out your weekend with some baroque music performed by Frances Conover Fitch on the harpsicord, featuring Johann Sebastian Bach’s early masterpieces as well as pieces from composers Bach studied in his youth.

When and where: 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. on Sept. 17; Distler Performance Hall, Granoff Music Center