Arts Events Box - 2.25.16

Trying to shirk from the responsibility of your midterms? Check out what's happening on campus this week:

Audre Lorde Exhibit Opening: The Tufts LGBT Center will host the final showcase of the Lesbian Herstory Archives’ “Audre Lorde Traveling Exhibit" before it is permanently archived.  (Thursday at 5 p.m. at the Tufts LGBT Center. Admission is free. No tickets required.)

The Amalgamates Present — Make America 'Mate Again: Tufts oldest co-ed a cappella group is back with their election-themed winter show, "Make America 'Mate Again." (Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the Crane Room. Admission is free. No tickets required.)

Tufts Association of South Asians Presents — TASA Culture Show 2016: TASA is presenting their annual culture show for two nights this weekend. Themed "Bollywood, Kabhi Sexy, Kabhi Sanskari" for 2016, the show will feature dance performances and samosas. (Friday and Saturday, 7:30 p.m. in Cohen Auditorium. Two free tickets per Tufts ID, $5 for more. Tickets available at Cohen box office.)

Tufts Chinese Students Association Presents — New Year Gala: CSA is hosting their annual Chinese New Year Gala to celebrate the Year of the Monkey. The gala will feature a variety of foods, performances and games. (Saturday at 7 p.m. in Sophia Gordon Hall. Admission is free. No tickets required).

Tufts Film Series Presents — 2016 Oscars Party: Wondering if Leonardo DiCaprio will finally take home a statue at this year's Academy Awards? Tufts Film Series and Another Option will be hosting an Oscars viewing party with popcorn and other food, as well as prizes for winning ballot predictions. (Sunday at 7 p.m. in the Mayer Campus Center's second floor lounge. Admission is free. No tickets required.)