Top 10 Valentine’s Day songs from 2015

It’s that time of year again, folks. Can you feel the love in the air? No? Fear not! Whatever your relationship status on Facebook, here are ten songs from 2015 for everyone this Valentine’s Day.

1. Enjoying some Valentine’s Day romance: Miguel’s “Coffee” demonstrates that intimacy can still be a sexy subject in modern R&B, as this slow jam is perfect for all those looking for a little mood music this weekend.
  2. Finding love on the dancefloor: Years & Years’ “Shine” represents the kind of feeling you can only have when you’re first falling in love, and this thrilling ode to just that fits the bill for those looking to dance this Valentine’s Day.
  3. Feeling a little self-love: Hailee Steinfeld’s “Love Myself” is the perfect power anthem for all those who are, to paraphrase Nicki Minaj, “feeling themselves” on this special day. The fact that its lyrics are quite, um, suggestive doesn’t hurt either.
  4. Celebrating Galentine’s Day instead: Ellie Goulding’s “Army” perfectly fits the mold of the ridiculously fantastic “Parks and Recreation” (2009-2015) holiday with the anthemic track celebrating everlasting friendship despite all the turmoil of life (namely, love-related troubles).
  5. Moving on from your Valentine’s Day crush: Zara Larsson’s “Lush Life” was released almost a year ago, but the summery tune serves as a wonderful kiss-off to that boy or girl who foolishly decided not to be your Valentine.
  6. Reveling in the bliss of young romance: Troye Sivan’s “Youth” reminds us all of what it is like to be young and in love as the wild, synthpop track forces the listener to embrace this intoxicating sensation.
  7. Thanking someone for always being there: Ryn Weaver’s “New Constellations” is a touching reminder to appreciate those special people in your life, including friends and family. The track builds to a soaring conclusion, perfect for those who wish to spread the love in their heart this weekend.
  8. Daring to fall in love: Jess Glynne’s “Hold My Hand” treats a serious subject with just the right amount of cheer as the house-inspired song sees Glynne boldly declaring herself as ready to fall in love after living the single life, which is a very relatable feeling for many.
  9. Running away this weekend: Carly Rae Jepsen’s “Run Away with Me” is the best us-against-the-world anthem since Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream” (2010) as the song’s blaring sax and M83-inspired sound take the listener on a whirlwind journey to the land of pop euphoria.
  10. Showing a little sexy love: Selena Gomez’s “Good For You” fits the bill here as this seductive tune not only serves as a confidence booster but also as your go-to track for getting into the spirit of Valentine’s Day.