Events Box

The weekend is almost here! Here are some cool events on and around the Tufts campus that could give you a much-needed study break. Maybe bring your parents along:

Screening of "Steve Jobs:" The Tufts Film series is sponsoring an advanced screening of  "Steve Jobs," starring Michael Fassbender. The film opens nationwide on Oct. 23. The event is open to all Tufts students, faculty and staff with a Tufts ID. (Thursday at 7:30 at the Somerville Theater. Free admission. No tickets required.)

The Rez's First Open Mic Night:  Student singers, poets, stand-up comedians, freestylers and musicians will be performing this Thursday at The Rez. Coffee will be available for purchase! (Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at The Rez. Free admission. No tickets required.)

Open Mic at "Crafts House:" The first in a monthly series, the Crafts House open mic caters to any talent level or skill set. Performers will have access to a PA system, amps and guitars. Sign-ups are still open. (Friday at 7 p.m. at Crafts House, located at 14 Professor's Row. Free admission. No tickets required.) 

Major: Undecided Presents: A Sensual Evening with Guy Fieri: Major: Undecided's first show of the semester takes place this weekend. According to the Facebook event, "A Sensual Evening with Guy Fieri [will be] filled with slow jams and big laughs ... You'll learn all about what it's like to feel sensuality at its essence with one of the biggest Food Network Stars there in spirit." (Friday at 10 p.m. in Barnum 008. Free admission. No tickets required.)