Events this Weekend

This is how to make your weekend artsy and fun:

Light the Night with DTD: The brothers of DTD will be joining the Boston Light the Night Walk to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Having contributed the most of any Boston-area college group for the past three years, DTD’s goal this year is to exceed $15,000 in donations. Join them for LTN, walk with friends or go by yourself. Thursday, 5 p.m. - 9 p.m at Boston Common. No tickets required. Free admission.

Rumtoberfest: Like Oktoberfest, but for rum. Rumtoberfest offers eligible drinkers a variety of premium rums and rum cocktail flights. Friday at 11 p.m. at Bahama Breeze. No tickets required. Free admission.

Joaquin on Sunshine, an Institute Show!: The Institute sketch comedy group takes inspiration from hurricane Hurricane Joaquin in their latest show. The ‘Tute is guaranteed to provide some good laughs. Friday at 9:30 p.m. in Braker 001. No tickets required. Free admission.

Homecoming Carnival: Senior Class Council and Tufts Alumni bring students the annual homecoming carnival. The usual fair fare will be available (think cotton candy, funnel cake and the hammer-bell thing that’s at every carnival). Saturday, 11 a.m - 3 p.m. at J Field. No tickets required. Free admission.